Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sisterhood of the traveling tulle

My sisters and I have this fabulous business on Etsy called Delicate Darlings. Side note, feel free to visit our site and order tons of fun stuff!

Some background on our shop. We make tutus, tutu dresses, flower clips, headbands, and framed accessory holders.





We obviously do not all live together as we are all married, so we have to use the supplies that we have and switch out when we need something else. Needless to say, this can be difficult at times. One of my sisters has taken up making the tutu dresses, while my sister Michelle and I have made the frames. But recently we have started making tutus together. This has caused some issues in the world of tulle.

In place of conference calls, we do a conference text. Yes, we are lazy. There is an everlasting text conversation between the 3 of us that seems to never end. Which is actually good, since we are business partners. I do not think I can count the amount of texts that we have exchanged trying to figure out where certain supplies are!

Most recently, while making tutus, we could not find our red, white, and blue tulle anywhere. Where for art thou tulle?! Seriously though, where is it? As we exchanged texts for about an hour trying to figure out who brought what where, and when, I finally decided to look for it....yes, I decided to look with my eyes and not my mouth. And low and behold, we had it all along. But I will say, in our defense, it was hiding pretty well behind a high chair.

So, as we continue with our business venture together, I am sure we will encounter many more text and phone conversations about where all of the supplies are,. But for now, we know where the tulle is, and we are happy and crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment