Monday, July 2, 2012

The Sleepy Angel

Of my 3 children, my youngest Lucy usually naps the best for me. Although I am noticing some kind of rotation lately. Leah is my oldest, she is 5 1/2. She is my heaviest sleeper. I am talking a freight train is going through her room and she doesn't budge. However, that is the way she sleeps IF she falls asleep. Sometimes it takes her a good 45 minutes to get there. And sometimes she doesnt fall asleep at all, she just gets a nice rest.



Jackson. Oh my Jackson. He may not be the heaviest sleeper, but he is typically my longest napper. He likes to talk and make his stuffed animal have an adventure in his bed before he will give up and and give in to sleep. But once he does, he can nap for a good 3-4 hours straight!



Then there is Lucy. My baby girl. The most unpredictable of all. For a while there she was taking 2, 2 hour naps a day. Then one day she slept for 4 1/2 hours straight, so she didn't go down again. and that became her new normal. Then slowly that one long nap turned into one normal 2 hour nap. And then into 2 again. needless to say she is like a mood ring with her nap schedule. Now, dont get me wrong, I love that all of my kids still nap, and they need them! I just wish we could coordinate them all together so that i could have one as well!



I have recently come to visit my mother with Lucy, while the other kids get to have some serious "Daddy time". So, Lucy and I stayed up a little late when we first got here. So when I put her down for the night, she didnt make a peep until 9AM the next morning. Which is sleeping in for her compared to her usual 7:30AM wake up call. She napped well yesterday, about 2 1/2 hours, and then went to bed at her regular bedtime, 7:00PM. This baby girl must be wearing herself out here, becuse she didn't wake up until 10:15 this morning! I got to sleep in and get around for the day before she ever woke up! Oh my little sleep angel! I so appreciate her sleepiness! So, because she slept in until her normal nap time, we had to push her nap back to 1:00. It has been 3 hours for her nap so far and I have yet to hear her stirring. I got to nap as well! I am so rested! Its fantastic! Now, if only we can keep this up....how do I keep her on this fabulous sleeping routine?!?! I am loving the rest that I am getting and I love to see her sweet, happy face when she wakes up so rested!


No comments:

Post a Comment