Thursday, August 30, 2012

Birthdays, Beds, and Back to School

With 3 children life gets crazy. And busy. And stressful. And sad.

Yesterday we took Leah to meet her new teacher for Kindergarten. We saw her classroom, and cafeteria and play ground, and gym, and library, and all the hallways....you know, EVERYTHING. I really like her teacher, very nice woman. Leah found her table with her name where she will sit and the locker/cubby where her backpack will go. I have been through this with preschool, but this is different. Real school. With homework. Yes, I said it, homework. Oh. Boy.

I am not all that concerned about Leah. She is naturally outgoing and has never met a stranger. She just believes that everyone starts out being her friend. Which is good, on some levels. I am more concerned with how I am going to deal with this. First, I am going to miss her!!! She has school from 8:40-3:44 each day. All day I will be missing her! And for the kicker, she will be riding the bus. She is thrilled. I am worried! I know that might be silly. All I can think of is "what if she gets on the wrong bus home?" or "what if she misses the bus completely? " or "what if she doesn't get off at her stop?" I know it'll be OK, but just to be safe I contacted the transportation depot and got as much information as I could on all busing issues.

Now, not only are we doing Kindergarten this year. We just celebrated Lucy's first birthday. I cannot understand how that year went by so fast! She is just so big! And what a sweetheart! My wonderful sister in law helped take pictures of Lucy to mark her first year. Turned out great!






 My baby turns 1 and my oldest starts Kindergarten...that is enough for a mom right now, don't you think? Oh but wait, there is more!

Jackson will be turning 3 years old in a couple of weeks. Yes. Three. And on top of that, he is now officially in his big boy bed. A twin sized bed with big kid Lightening McQueen sheets. Will I regret taking him out of his cage crib? Who knows, but it was time.

This is just a lot of change for someone who does not do change well. Seriously. I cannot handle too much change. But that seems to be the story of my life lately. It'll all be OK though. Woooosaaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment