Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reunions

Yes. It's true. My husband and I have been out of high school for 10 years. He seems to be fine with that. I just have a hard time. Not so much with how long its been since graduation, but with my age numbers rising...

My high school reunion already passed. I guess I just didn't feel the need to go to hang out with people that want to act like we are still in high school. When you post things like "its time to get our drank on" and "lets get wasted class of 2002" I do not feel an ounce of desire to join the festivities.

No, I don't want to get wasted. No, I don't want to "get my drank on". No, I am not 18 anymore, I am 28 years old. I feel like acting somewhat close to my age is a little necessary.

My husband has a completely different approach to his reunion. He is just pumped to see everyone. Why is it so different? There are all these looming things, like who is married? Who has kids? What are people doing with their careers? And I know we all want to know what people look like these days...don't act like you are too good to think that stuff...

 
Yes, that's right everyone. Don't be jealous!
 
In high school I had a lot of acquaintances. I was only close with a handful of people. But I seemed to be on good terms with most people. I liked that I could say hi to whomever and it wasn't awkward. But its been so long since I have even spoken to some people, I feel like now, it would be a little weird.
 
Now the husband, again, completely different view. He wants to catch up and see EVERYONE. I just can't feel the same :) I am perfectly content sitting at home in my jammies reading about our reunion on Facebook. I am a home body, and I am completely OK with that!
 
I couldn't resist this photo. Hilarious!
 
 
Anyone that knows me, knows this is complete sarcasm, but its great!
 
So since I didn't go to my own reunion, I am going to my husbands. It seems like I keep in touch with more people that he graduated with than with people I did. Really weird. But hey, hopefully its a good time! Gotta go show off my earrings!
 

1 comment:

  1. Cute post Rach! I totally agree about the reunion - even if we lived back in MI I'm just not sure I would have gone - for the same reasons you talked about here. But next time we're up there I'd love to get together with YOU and the kiddos. We can wear jammies. ;)

    ReplyDelete